- Harrington, Hubert Ernest
- Biographies and personal histories, History - pre-Federation
- RAN Ships
- HMAS Gayundah
- December 1996 edition of the Naval Historical Review (all rights reserved)
(1) Captain Simon Harrington, RAN, grandson of H.S. Harrington
(2) G.L. Macandie, Secretary to the Naval Board at the time this letter was written – 28/12/1940.
(3) Vice-Admiral Sir (Wilfred) Hastings Harrington, KBE, CB, DSO. Later Chief of Naval Staff, RAN. Son of the author.
(4) Lieutenant Commander W.H. Harrington RAN – “YARRA” and Surgeon Lieutenant C.F. Harrington DSC, RAN – Lost in “Parramatta “.